Extractive summaries of and key takeaways from the articles curated from TOP TEN BUSINESS MAGAZINES to promote informed business decision-making | Week 288 | March 17-23, 2023
5 Winning Habits That Will Transform Your Leadership Skills
By John Kitchens | Entrepreneur Magazine | March 22, 2023
Listen to the Extractive Summary of the Article
Taking your skills to the next level is never an easy task. It requires more than just blood, sweat and tears, yet also a desire to become better. To be truly honest, the answer lies within ourselves. It is not about luck or chance, it’s all about our habits. If we want to become world-class at anything, it will require world-class habits for us to be truly successful.
- Set a known direction. It is important to take the time to think about what we want to achieve and be specific in our vision. Knowing exactly where we want to wind up helps us in identifying the steps that should be taken along the way. It also allows us to know what success looks like and help us focus our resources in the most effective and efficient way.
- Plan ahead. Taking the time to plan and map out what you want to accomplish in the year ahead is one of the most important leadership habits for transforming your life. It is essential to plan and break down your goals into achievable pieces for each quarter, month, week and day. This allows you to identify a target for each period and the tasks that need to be completed in order to reach it.
- Surround yourself with the right people. Your circle should be able to keep you in check and also lift you up — reminding you to believe that you’ve got what it takes to make it to the next level. This will help you be accountable for your habits and grow in leadership and success. Remember that if your people don’t inspire your growth, then they’re not the right people. Be kind to yourself, and avoid toxicity.
- Show up better than anybody expected. For us to play on any next level in any equity of our life, we’ve got to be willing to make the commitment to show up no matter what. Being able to push yourself to do more than what is expected of you, and doing it consistently, will help you hone your leadership skills and set you up for success.
- Put in the work. Taking things to the next level takes more than just saying you want to do it. We should be willing to make sacrifices and put in the work because there is no silver bullet. There is no magic pill. The magic pill is hard work.
3 key takeaways from the article
- Taking your skills to the next level is never an easy task. It requires more than just blood, sweat and tears, yet also a desire to become better.
- To be truly honest, the answer lies within ourselves. It is not about luck or chance, it’s all about our habits. If we want to become world-class at anything, it will require world-class habits for us to be truly successful.
- Five key habits that you need to develop to transform your leadership skills: set a known direction, plan ahead, surround yourself with the right people who should be able to keep you in check and also lift you up, show up better than anybody expected, and hard work is the magic pill.
Topics: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Success
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.